Why should you get an energy audit?
Just as you would ask for a diagnosis from your mechanic about what's wrong with your car before giving the OK to repair it, you should have an energy audit done on your house before making any energy-related improvements. Goggin Energy provides BPI, Efficiency Maine compliant energy audits. In addition to identifying any major drafty or heat-loss spots, Goggin Energy auditors can also evaluate whether you would be a good candidate for solar electricity, solar hot water or heat pumps.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE SCORE (EPS) AUDIT: $400*
This energy audit will give you general information about the efficiency of your home. You will receive a written report and your property's Home Performance Score. This type of energy audit meets the criteria necessary to qualify for Efficiency Maine loans and rebates, and is also the recommended type if you are requesting an audit in connection with the sale or purchase of a home. It includes:
- blower door test
- use of infra red imaging
- combustion air zone test for all combustion appliances (boilers, furnaces, and water heaters)
- visual inspection of ducts and water heater
- general home investigation
- quick form energy audit report and recommendations
- the use of Earth Advantage software for analysis
- Home Energy Performance Score
- $50 coupon good towards the installation of an energy efficient Heat Pump
- $100 coupon good towards the installation of a PV (Solar) System
* This price is for homes up to 3,000 square feet. If your home is larger than that, please email or call us for a more accurate quote.
* Distance Surcharge: The Base Price holds for homes in Portland, South Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Scarborough, Biddeford, Saco, Old Orchard Beach, Falmouth, Cumberland, Yarmouth, Freeport, Westbrook and Gorham.
$50 Distance Surcharge for homes in: Arundel, Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, Biddeford Pool, North Yarmouth, Pownal, Brunswick, Bath, Windham, Standish, Buxton, Hollis, Raymond, Gray.
For other towns, please call.